mahA shiva rAtri

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Mon Feb 23 06:49:11 CST 1998

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Ravi Mayavaram wrote:

> namaskAraM
>
> AUM namaH shivAya
>
> Coming wednesday [25/2/98](according to the calendar I have) is shrI mahA
> shiva rAtri. May Lord shiva bless us all in our quest for self-realization.

Namaste.

According to my calculation, maHa shiva rAtri is to be observed in North
America (the observation including fasting, and the all-night vigil and
contemplation in honour of Lord Shiva) on tuesday, February 24, 1998 and
not on wednesday February 25.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
Yadaa sarve pramucyante kaamaa ye'sya hr^di shritaah
atha martyo'mr^to bhavatyatra brahma samashnute   Katha Upanishhad II.3.14

When all the desires that dwell in the heart fall away, then the mortal
becomes immortal, and attains Brahman even here.