Shanti Sadan

Greg Goode goode at DPW.COM
Thu Oct 9 15:50:34 CDT 1997

At 11:22 AM 10/9/97 -0800, Allan Curry wrote:

>I am considering purchasing some or all of the six volume "Samkara Source
>Book" published by Shanti Sadan. I was wondering if any of you had opinions
>about the quality of this work? Is it a good or bad representation of
>Sankara's thought?

To me it seems very good.  I have Vols. I and II, on the Absolute, and on
Creation.
They have a pretty good reputation.

>Copies I've seen recently had the unmistakable smell of mildew (which might
>definitely exclude them from my library!). Were these copies an unfortunate
>exception or more like the rule for Shanti Sadan publications?

The copies I've seen are brand-new, smell nice.  I think you can get them from
SAT in California.  There are other mail-order places I'm sure, which I can
check on.  I know Watkins Bookshop in London usually has the whole set in
stock.

--Greg