Vedas

Govind Rengarajan govind at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Thu Oct 2 08:18:45 CDT 1997

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Martin Gifford wrote:

> I think some orthodox members are responding because if they don't say
> something everyone will notice they have been clearly defeated on this point.
>
> In fact I'd say he has already proved all his points and all the long winded
> down and obscure the issue and to protect peoples feelings.

        Allan Curry raised some genuine questions about vedanta, and
        Vidyasankar, Jaladhar, and Anand provided honest and
        *straight forward* answers to these questions. Nobody tried
        watering down or obscuring anything. Your statements above
        seem to indicate that you have not read through these
        discussions carefully, and I suggest you do so before
        making such statements.

        Regarding vedas: there is ocean, and in a lot of places
        there are backwaters into the mainland; in some places, the
        backwater might be dirty, and in some places, it might be
        clear. And the ocean itself contains everything. So,
        one *may* be standing in some backwater, claiming
        that the ocean and the other waters are dirty, little
        realizing that the water in his yard is from the same ocean.
        So you have your choice. You can see the true nature of the
        ocean or claim it is dirty.

        govind rengarajan