Certainty

Prashant Sharma psharma at BUPHY.BU.EDU
Fri Nov 7 11:50:22 CST 1997

Hi Allan,
        What I wanted to say is this: for me not knowing is a myth (because I live
in a space of thoughts...). What is there instead of "not knowing" is
....knowledge projecting the state of freeing myself from the known. So
this
demand to be free from the known (when I say that there is an X which can't
be identified with any of the knowledge that society has loaded me with) is
also a problem!
So I feel that you are right to say that
>"there is no need to complete the equation X = ? "
since this X is not-knowing.
But my statements are refering to the other part of your question:
>"Is that all there is to it?"
And the "answer" to that is that this very question is an attempt to
renounce the known (since if the answer to this is yes, then the next step
is : I should throw away everything that I know..). But you see that this
is still all happening in the realm of thought. Hence I wrote that
"renunciation of renunciation is so important ...".
        I hope I have made my statements clear in this mail.
Regards,
Prashant.