New member: Introduction

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram aum at UNIX.TAMU.EDU
Thu May 29 12:26:37 CDT 1997

Namaste Ravi-ji

        Thank you.  Well I'm a 23-year old guy residing in a tiny country
called Singapore.  I have a great interest in religion or rather
Spirituality.  My biggest religious influence in my life are the
teachings of Sri Ramakrishna and Swami Vivekananda.  Apart from them, I
dig Paramahamsa Yogananda, Sri Prabhupad and other great thinkers
(western and eastern).  And I hold great respect for all the major
religions.

        The reason why I like Advaita(as much as I am exposed to & mostly of
Swami Vivekananda's interpretation) is its ability to harmonise all
beliefs and creeds.  I hope I'm correct.  And it is the only philosophy
which I think is the most logical conclusion on the world and the
Infinite God,and it knows no boundaries.

        I am very pleased to have been permitted into this mailing list.  And I
sincerely hope, by joining the mailing list, that I can learn more of
the Advaita philosophy and most of all, practise it in my life.

Om Shanti

Kathirasan