non-reality of free will

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Fri May 23 15:53:47 CDT 1997

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> On Thu, 22 May 1997, Vidyasankar Sundaresan wrote:

[..]

> I believe the previous poster was referring to the Yoga Sutra Vivarana
> allegedly composed by Shankaracharya.  Even if you accept this, any
> relationship to the Tattvavaishradi is spurious for the reasons you
> mention in the rest of your post.

If the reference was to the yogasUtra bhAshya vivaraNa, then I take back
one of my points. The fact that there is a vivaraNa school of advaita that
does not depend upon Vacaspati Misra confused me for a while.

Vidyasankar