non-reality of free will

Jonathan Bricklin brickmar at EARTHCOM.NET
Fri May 23 12:55:02 CDT 1997

> I believe the previous poster was referring to the Yoga Sutra Vivarana
> allegedly composed by Shankaracharya.  Even if you accept this, any
> relationship to the Tattvavaishradi is spurious for the reasons you
> mention in the rest of your post.
>
> -- Jaldhar

Despite the appreciated-by-somebody-somewhere-I-suppose sholarship my
original post invoking Vacaspati has inspired, I was only using his
equation of smriti with dhyana as a play on words.  That's pretty clear if
you look at the original post.  Any attempt to make more of that play is
spurious.