Time Bound

Martin Gifford marting at NSWCC.ORG.AU
Mon Jun 30 01:39:45 CDT 1997

At 11:18 PM 27/06/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Nageswar,
>
>To expand on my earlier post, when I say meditation is facing the facts, to
>me that is the same as saying meditation is facing (or accepting) God.  God
>is All That Is.  In our usual state, we try to actively avoid facing All
>That Is by engaging in activities designed to prop up the falsehood of a
>personal self, or ego.  One of the things the ego does is tell us that the
>world (including aspects of ourselves that we dislike) is "unspiritual" and
>that we must retreat within to find God.  But this is merely an escape, an
>avoidance of God, a denial of God's omnipresence.  It is an attempt to hold
>onto the fictitious personal self by creating a so-called better, more
>"spiritual" personal self.  Facing the facts means to accept, without
>interpretation or judgment, all that we see, hear, smell, taste and feel,
>as well as the reactions of our body-mind.  In complete acceptance there is
>no person, there is only Freedom.
>
>Mark
>----------

Well, spot on! That's surrender.

BUT....

It depends what we are to accept. We can't accept actions that arise out of
dualistic ideas. Actions that arise out of the feeling of separation cause
further ignorance and suffering in ourselves and others.

Do you include violence, etc. as the "unspiritual aspects of ourselves" that
we should accept?

Many people think that we should accept war, violence, etc. as part of life.
But they come from ego which is the lack of acceptance, which is the sense
of separation.

To me the "unspiritual aspects or ourselves" are anything that comes from
the idea of separation.

Regards,

Martin Gifford.