LIFE

Charles A. Hillig chillig at JETLINK.NET
Mon Sep 30 10:39:36 CDT 1996

>Why ten minute fuse of contemplation ? My preference is not to give even
>one minute for the explosion to take place so that Silence and Quietness
>is unchained and liberated.

The Silence is NOT  "chained."  IT is ever present.
Ten minutes?  One minute?   The SELF is unbounded  and non-linear.  It is
beyond limitations of time and space.

>Ten minutes is too long a time for the mind
>to work its by now well-known web of illusion.
>
>The biggest source of all problems we encounter is the Mind, the
>uncontrolled and which roams as it wishes without any leash.

The biggest so-called problem may be to get past the delusion that  there IS
a "separate Mind" that's creating all of this mischief.

>Mindworks Ltd (with its Managing Director, the maaya) is a factory which
>creates all sorts of unnecessary and banned (to an advaitin) substances.
>I will even add, it creates only unrequired gadgets and puts hindrance
>at every step of the way.
>
>The sooner we get rid of this factory, the closer we are to remove the
>veil of ignorance.
>
>Regards
>Gummuluru Murthy

The "factory" will continue to, seemingly, "do" whatever IT, seemingly, "does."
Your discovery that the "lake" that you see in the desert is really only a
mirage is NOT going to make this "lake" disappear.   But, after you realize
that it's not real, you won't be running after it as before.  You may not
really, seemingly, awaken FROM the illusion as much as TO the illusion.

     Spiritual "progress" is impossible.  There's nothing that  "you" can
"do" to, seemingly, get to a place where you already exist as the Absolute
SELF.   Believing that there is, however, provides the momentum for you to
go out looking for  "The Truth."   However, your very act of seeking only
validates your delusion that you are, quintessentially, different from what
it is that you are seeking.

     Let go of struggle, do-ership and attainment.  Let go of it all!

          (and then let go of "letting go.")   Only the SELF is present.

                         With Blessings,
                                          Chuck Hillig