devotion vs. knowledge

M & E Shearn peacewrk at SNET.NET
Wed Jun 5 07:35:19 CDT 1996

>Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 07:39:38
>To: Ian Goddard <igoddard at erols.com>
>From: M & E Shearn <peacewrk at snet.net>
>Subject: Re: devotion vs. knowledge
>

>>IAN: How is it that self-knowledge is possible? Hmm..?? I believe it
>>is the result of unique neurological conditions. Something in the
>>brain "taps" free I am (as the mirrors reflect the sun) causing
>>the free I am to appear to be localized in a head.
>>
>>The full scale enlightenment experience is the result, I believe,
>>of the "physical" mechanism that "taps" free I am being shut down.
>>The result is a "crack" in the mind program.
>>
>>Remember that Ramana Maharashi first saw the light after being hit
>>in the head at a youth boxing class. I believe that the evidence
>>indicates that Ramana was, at least as seen on the surface, a
>>normal young man headed in a normal direction, and suddenly,
>>after a vicious blow to the head, saw light and became a
>>"new person." Whatever happened exactly I can't say, but
>>clearly the "I am tapping mechanism" was physically
>>damaged and shut down, the result was a crack and
>>thus a hole in the mind/wall program via which
>>the clear light of truth & freedom shone.
>>
>>All know "methods" to see the light seek to throw
>>the mind out of its normal pattern and thus to override the
>>I am tapping mechanism and see that which is beyond the local mind.
>
>namaste
>my friend,
>cannot understand this "tapping" concept. do you say enlightenment is a
physical/psycological experience? Is leon spinks going to be enlightened
from getting beaten so often? can not recall this story from the youth of
venkataraman, and do not recall Sri Ramana ever refering to this process. do
you say you are nobody and a mind or nobody and have a mind? dropped out of
school in 10th grade, please be patient. for me enlightenment is only that
my guru tells me it is so, and i believe him.
>His
>alone
>ej

in Him