devotion vs. knowledge

Ian Goddard igoddard at EROLS.COM
Wed Jun 5 02:18:13 CDT 1996

At 08:41 PM 6/3/96 -0400, M & E Shearn wrote:

  >   Namaskar,
  > my new friend.
  > who is it that
  > forms these amazing thoughts?
  > who is seeing authority and social
  > mind-stuff? Who thinks and percieves
  > this vast and profound info?

IAN: I am. I am the neutral (0) witness and the (+/-) mind.
Both are the same. Both nobody (0) and somebody (+/-) sees and thinks.

  > How does
  > this unit know, what is beyond it?
  > in him wonder, wonderer, wondering

IAN: How is it that self-knowledge is possible? Hmm..?? I believe it
is the result of unique neurological conditions. Something in the
brain "taps" free I am (as the mirrors reflect the sun) causing
the free I am to appear to be localized in a head.

The full scale enlightenment experience is the result, I believe,
of the "physical" mechanism that "taps" free I am being shut down.
The result is a "crack" in the mind program.

Remember that Ramana Maharashi first saw the light after being hit
in the head at a youth boxing class. I believe that the evidence
indicates that Ramana was, at least as seen on the surface, a
normal young man headed in a normal direction, and suddenly,
after a vicious blow to the head, saw light and became a
"new person." Whatever happened exactly I can't say, but
clearly the "I am tapping mechanism" was physically
damaged and shut down, the result was a crack and
thus a hole in the mind/wall program via which
the clear light of truth & freedom shone.

All know "methods" to see the light seek to throw
the mind out of its normal pattern and thus to override the
I am tapping mechanism and see that which is beyond the local mind.

I am poetry  http://www.erols.com/igoddard/iam-free.html

Law of Identity: A is A, relative to not-A. A = {A, ~A}

Law of Nonidentity: If there is 100% A, there is 0% A. A = ~A

absolute reality: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/reality.html