[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 02:10:59 EDT 2017

Namaste Bhaskarji,

I couldn't resist responding, although we have been avoiding any
discussion/ debate with each other. :)

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> (​Vidyasankarji): ​
> there is no substitute for trying to understand Sankara bhagavatpAda's
> teachings from the original granthas. There's a lot of misunderstanding of
> what he actually says about bhakti, for instance, and people are prone to
> seeing contradictions where none exist.
>

> ​(Bhaskarji) ​
> That is really very well said prabhuji.

​...​

> And credentials of these prakaraNa grantha-s to be evaluated in the light
> of mUla prasthAna traya bhAshya-s.  this preference is because  for the
> siddhAnta pratipAda only prasthAna traya bhAshya is valid and NOT the
> prakaraNa grantha-s.

Even though you haven't read the entire thread as you stated, this is a
*very interesting* interpretation of Vidyasankarji's statement. :) I'm
quite certain he did NOT mean that, but to not rely on interpretations and
comparisons of research scholars. All prakaraNa granthAs are indeed
considered as valid in the tradition.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */