[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 26 06:14:23 EDT 2017

praNAms Sri Praveen prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I couldn't resist responding, although we have been avoiding any discussion/ debate with each other. :)

>  But you are always welcome to have a friendly chat with me prabhuji barring vedAnta and related discussions :-)...This request is because I lack that 'yOgyata' to understand your mails and do the debate in a meaningful way... hope you would love to have a fight with 'samAna skanda-s' :-) Anyway, my clarification to your below observation.

Even though you haven't read the entire thread as you stated, this is a *very interesting* interpretation of Vidyasankarji's statement. :)

>  Yes, I have not read the whole thread but I do read all the mails coming from Sri Vidya prabhuji's desk.  So, hope you would agree 'very interesting' interpretation of mine 'ON' Sri Vidya prabhuji's mail is not so interesting & exciting  :-) Anyway, if I am misinterpreting Sri Vidya prabhuji's statement my apologies to him.

 I'm quite certain he did NOT mean that, but to not rely on interpretations and comparisons of research scholars. All prakaraNa granthAs are indeed considered as valid in the tradition.

>  You may be right in your observation and at the same time I am right according to my perception.  See this is how the 'original' documents being interpreted differently by different people :-) Since for you anything and everything under the Advaita tradition banner is OK, you tempt to interpret statements like this in that way...and for me mUla bhAshya and prasthAna traya have more validity than other prakaraNa and vyAkhyAna-s,  I too tempted to interpret statements like this in my own way :-) After reading different interpretations of the same statement, what bystander will do??  He would wait for the clarification from the originator of original statement..is it not??  This is what the scenario I explained in my previous mail and importance of sticking to the originals :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar