[Advaita-l] THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS TO DVAITA PHILOSOPHY OF MADHVACHARYA.

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 06:59:21 CST 2015

Namaste
Many times there is a doubt and this doubt must be cleared. If we are shy
to discuss doubts it is not correct. Many times the opponents like Dvaiti
and Visishtadvaiti is not outside us. He is inside us and expressing
doubts. We have to answer the doubts. This is part and parcel of learning
only. If everything is given like a lecture and monologue there will not be
any learning. It is spoon feeding and it is a wrong way to learn.

I agree Acharyas must not be shown disrespect. All Acharyas personally were
much better than us. They may have said so many incorrect things. But they
were good people personally.  We should not have grudge against them. We
should respect them as a person and as a Sanyasi.

But I disagree we should show respect to all ideas and all doctrines. Good
and reasonable people can make bad theories. The bad ideas must be thrown
straight away into the dustbin without any hesitation. It does not mean we
are insulting and attacking the Acharyas personally. Many Acharyas have
critiqued  Advaita without slightly understanding even what Advaita is
saying. We have to throw these critiques into the waste basket also.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Ramana Mallela via Advaita-l <

> It is really sad to read recent conversations. The members should
> follow some guidelines, and be faithful to sanAtana dharma. People who
> do not practice certain aspects of it cannot claim to be belonging to
> that faith. Where did we learn to be intolerant of ideas / ideologies
> and Irreverent to acharyas and their doctrines?
>
> The differences arose while trying to understand the relationship
> between JIvAtmA and ParamAtmA (and while attaining moksha). It is a
> process defined by various saints. What works for one may not work for
> others? That is exactly the greatness of the framework of sanAtana
> dharma. Many feel the distance as they practice - so near yet so far.
> Hating others because they do not believe in our ideology or
> methodology is unlike a person following sanAtana dharma.
>
> According to different Desha, KAla, Paristhithi's and based on the
> audience, the great acharyAs of yore tailored their teachings and
> methodologies. They still work for the specific audiences (not by
> castes and subcastes but by their nature).
> We all know that mere good actions (satkarmAs) do not lead to moksha.
> That does not mean people should be busy in wrong actions (like some
> other doctrines do).There is a basic framework and then there are 101,
> 201 courses. We should be mature enough to understand our dharma.
>
> We belong to a great tradition of integrated approach. We should spend
> our effort in formulating mechanisms on how to communicate this great
> tradition in modern languages to uplift humanity (and not for silly
> reasons).
>
> I am very sure the esteem members of this group agree with this.The
> true nature of gurus is not known by our senses and our mind! (ref:
> VivEkachUdAmani)
>
> --
>
> regards,
> Ramana