[Advaita-l] An Appeal for the Late Professor B.K.Matilal

saha niranjan sahaniranjan at yahoo.co.in
Sat Feb 14 04:09:45 CST 2015

Respected Colleagues and List Members,

I'm writing to you all just to pass on a personal message that I received from Smt Karavai Matilal, wife of the late Professor B.K.Matilal (Oxford), who I met recently in her Kolkata residence.

To commemorate Professor B.K.Matilal's 25th death anniversary due June next year; moreover, to give him due respect for his invaluable contribution to Indian Philosophy etc., Smt Matilal has expressed her personal desire to organise seminars in Kolkata, Oxford etc., and more specially, to start a part-time Professorship at Oxford. To make it possible, Smt Matilal,75, seeks co-operation from like-minded people/organisations (like ICPR etc.; Sri Pranab Mukherjee, the Honourable Prsident of India, it is learned, was in personal terms with Professor Matilal).

In this connection, Shri Tamal K. Matilal, son of Professor B.K.Matilal, may be reached at (tamalmatilal at gmail.com).

Thanking you,
Sincerely yours,
Niranjan Saha, Kolkata