[Advaita-l] Accepting Possibility of Error in Sastras

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 04:13:22 CST 2012

Is Shruti the ultimate authority on unseen or even on seen. For example,
the result if a yajna is to be known from Shruti only. But the structure of
cosmos described in smrti shastras and can also be known through pratyaksha
and anumana. On such matters, we see shastras and science provide
contradictory views. In such cases, what should be taken as satya?