[Advaita-l] Sri Ramana Maharshi - A revolutionary?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Dec 26 00:21:30 CST 2012

Although the huge number of followers of Ramana Maharshi think that
Bhagavan taught self-inquiry alone to the exclusion of everything else, I
personally think that that is not correct.

praNAms Sri praveen bhat prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I was the one of those who think that ramaNa's teachings mainly &
exclusively focus on our own essential being through the method of self
enquiry like who am I, who is doing that, who is asking this etc. etc.  I
may be wrong in my assessment.  Kindly give relevant quotes where Sri
ramaNa maharshi taught something else apart from self-inquiry by keeping
the different mind set of different sAdhaka-s.  Has he anywhere suggested
anybody that he or she  is not fit to do self-inquiry directly, so he/she
should do sAdhana in a different way?? Has he anywhere suggested
shravaNAdi sAdhana to the aspirants as per traditional teaching?? I've
read one Kannada book about Sri RamaNa maharshi written/translated my Sri
Murthy (title goes something like ramaNa maharshigaLa sannidhiyalli dina
dinavu) and 'maha yOga'  by who, I dont remember anywhere he gives an
alternative to his 'direct' method self-inquiry!!  anyway, again I may be
wrong here as I have very limited exposure to ramaNa's teachings & works.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar