[Advaita-l] Sri Ramana Maharshi - A revolutionary?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Dec 25 21:43:16 CST 2012

praNAms
Hare Krishna

In short, your doubt is whether bhagavAn ramaNa maharshi's teachings (who
am I?? ) conform with the traditional teachings of Amnaya advaita
saMpradAya??  If you see the traditional approach to jnAna mArga it is
someway different from bhagavAn's teaching.  adhikAra bedha, anubandha
chatushtaya, sAdhana chatushtaya, shravaNAdi sAdhana-s  etc. holds the
key.   I dont think these requirements would be insisted in ramaNa's way
of teaching.  Having said this, I am not saying ramaNa's teaching is
ineffective, it has its own flavor in its own realm.

BTW, Sri lakshmaNa sharma (pen name 'who') observes in his book mAhA yOga
that living sage's words (upadesha) is more sacred and efficacious than
the scriptures/shAstra !!??  As you know this will not go well within the
orthodox circle as they hold shAstra is the ultimate pramANa for brahma
jignAsa or mOksha sAdhana.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
 bhaskar