[Advaita-l] Sri Ramana Maharshi - A revolutionary?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 22:56:41 CST 2012

Hari Om, Karthik ji,

Although the huge number of followers of Ramana Maharshi think that
Bhagavan taught self-inquiry alone to the exclusion of everything else, I
personally think that that is not correct. To that effect, I would like to
quote from Talks, a question that Paramahamsa Yogananda (of "Autobiography
of a Yogi" fame) asked Bhagavan and his reply thereto:

(29th November, 1935. Talk 107)
Later the Yogi (Swami Yogananda) asked: How is the spiritual uplift of the
people to be effected? What are the instructions to be given them?

*M.*: They differ according to the temperaments of the individuals and
according to the spiritual ripeness of their minds. There cannot be any
instruction en masse.

//Unquote

More clearer words, there couldn't be!

gurupAdukArpaNamstu,