[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 00:34:53 CDT 2011

Shri Srinivas, one way to learn advaitam is to read authentic books -
Shankara, Madhusudana and the works of contemporary advaitins such as
Sringer and Kanchi periyava. If you are able to, find a teacher who
can teach you but they have to be pure and to tell you what Shankara
says not their own concoctions as neo-vedantins do. Unfortunately,
this forum is not to designed to teach - wish it did. It is more for
exchanging views on topics and complement formal training.

Suggested reading (in addition to sadhana to purify the mind): Gita
Bhashya of Shankara and Gudartha Dipika of Madhususdana and
Vivekachudamani with commentary by Sringeri Mahaperivaya. Based on
Shri Subrahmanian's suggestion, I read "Yoga, Enlightenment and
Perfection". It is the most intimate account of any
transcendentalist's personal experience. It brings to life advaita
explained by Shankara and Madhusudana.

On 15/09/2011, srinivasan krishnamoorthy <ksri2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello to all, Pranams....  i have been watching for some time about the
> discussion going on here about apauruSheya....and related topics....i dont
> think Adi.shankara has made us to indulge in such kind of argumentative
> explanations...this is the case only with scholars...and not with
> commoners....which will ultimately bring nothing but sheer dis-satisfaction
> and am ok u r not ok philosophy...deviating from the primrose path of
> Adi.shankars advaitam...learned are those who make  too much noises about
> nothing...and the ignorant are those of  six minus six who make revered and
> silent approach in following the enshrined principles without questioning
> the authority of adi.shankara..or vedas ..its not that they are not capable
> of attaining any brilliance but the brilliants are the one who always spun
> and shy away their efforts in knowing the Brahmatvam...am one such am not
> highly qualified philosopher, or a scholar or a samskrit pundit as many pose
> to be here ... to share my views...atleast am interested in knowing about
> what is not known to me hiterto...would you all give me an opportunity to
> learn more about advaitam than indulging and wasting time on such frivolous
> arguements on  aparusheyatvam ...to say simply....Brahamsatyam JagnMithya,
> Jivo Brahmaiva na aparah... !!! is just sufficient to understand the
> divinity in this life ....do i have to say anything more on this...
> thanks for your patiently reading this ,
> whole heartedly,
> I remain
> in the service of the LORD,
> srinivasan k.iyer m.a. (phil& religion )
>

> 2011/9/14 श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com>
>
>> I've actually nothing more to say.
>> I hope deep analysis of your own views will reveal problems and you will
>> be
>> able to understand them.
>> I didn't fail to show errors at all. I told with clarity which is expected
>> at this level. If one can't understand my words while talking these
>> things,
>> then he should blame his capacity and not me.
>> And what is amazing if I asked anothers too help you(yes, you and not me).
>> Difficult things were always explained by commentators for people lacking
>> proper understanding.
>> Bhaskar also comes in your category.
>>
>> For assistance, contact:
>> listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org