[Advaita-l] Fwd: Difference Between Sankya and Advaita!

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 20:55:38 CDT 2011

Dear friends,

Ishvara is the Para-Prakriti and is also the Apara- Brahman ans his vachaka is OM.  Prakriti is the Yoni of Ishvara (remember mama yoni Mahadbrahma) and Prakriti alone creates or pedagogically one can say that Prakriti is the instrument for creation or one  can also say that Prakriti creates to fuilfil the desire of Ishvara to be many. With Ishvara-pranidhana or Bhakti the vibhakta (divided or separated)  beings become avibhakata (undivided or be whole or united) with the Ishvara. Thus I maintain that Yoga mean the same thing as what yoga also means etymologically. So etymological meaning of Yoga is not wrong. Yoga can never mean viyoga, howevermuch some people may try to interpret. It may for that reason the that Nirukta is one of the Vedangas and one must know that first before reading the Vedic literature.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya