[Advaita-l] Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 4

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 30 22:48:50 CDT 2009

If Kshathriyas, Vaisyas and Sudhras abandon their karmas then the world
will
collapse.  So they are not qualified for sanyaasa aashrama.

In essense only Brahmins are qualified to enter sanyaasa aashrama.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, shankara says in his bhAshya that only brahmaNa-s have the adhikAra
to take saNyAsa, but he never ever denied jeevan mukti or samyakdarshitva
to other capable varNAshrami-s.  If we say ONLY inhabitants of
saNyAsAshrama are jeevan mukta-s, then we are denying this status to other
varNAshrami-s which results in a declaration that 'jeevanmuktAvastha is
the sole property of brahAmis who took saNyAsa'..this is quite absurd.
Anyway, as a side note, surEshwarAchArya, elsewhere grants permission to
kshatriya & vyshya also to take saNyAsa.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar