[Advaita-l] Creation ex nihilo (was Re: Advaita vEdAnta - Unit(27))

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Sun May 6 09:09:53 CDT 2007

On 5/6/07, Siva Senani Nori <sivasenani at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Madam
>
> I guess you mean that the jury is out on whether SSS is orthodox is not. Do you have any hope that the jury will a) come to a decision, or b) such a decision would be accepted by a majority of the others? I think, at best, there would be a few converts, and recognizing this, and with a view not to limit the free flow of words and thoughts unduly, it is best we focus on intentions and communication, and not on lables.

Just as a point of clarification: I think no one here (including
myself) questions that SSS is part of the orthodox tradition. The
question is whether his interpretation of Shankara makes more sense
than the other "traditional" interpretations. For example, Citsukha
introduced a radically new way of establishing advaita, but even he is
considered orthodox. So we need not doubt SSS who claims to adhere to
Shankara completely. Again the question is only whether his
interpretations lead to a consistent philosophy, and whether Shankara
really said what SSS claims.

Rama