Concept of personal God and Advaita

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed May 22 03:10:48 CDT 2002

>I saw advaita in the Gita as much as dvaita or visistadvaita.

Think about this : we see dualism (dvaita) everywhere. Even qualified
non-dualism (visishtadvaita) can be apprehended by experience - as it is
qualities that we perceive in objects. It is only advaita (non-dualism)
which is not experienced in the phenomenal world. For the first two you do
not really need the scriptures as they are open to normal experience. It is
only the third which is totally divorced from all experience which really
needs a scriptural testimony.