Concept of personal God and Advaita

Stephanie Stean cerebral_rose at MAC.COM
Tue May 21 21:00:48 CDT 2002

Hemant:

Thanks.  I began reading Sankara recently.  I should get much from it about
Advaita.

Best wishes,
Stephanie

Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 05:40:45 -0000
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>
From: hemang Chamakuzhi Subramanian <hemangcs at REDIFFMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: ADVAITA-L Digest - 20 May 2002 to 21 May 2002 (#2002-127)

Hello,

  This is a query regarding the validity of the astrological
phenomenons that influence human existence and potential, and some
claim rule it all.

  It was the prognostication of Vyasa muni, lots of events did
happen in the Mahabharatha.

     Does any work of literature, of the Advaitha philosphy talk
of these methods of forecasting events in human life.... for it is
known "The allmighty is all pervasive and without the future,
past, present, unaffected by time"

     I have known that my parents/grandparents/etc. from Kerala
use the expertise of the "Panicker"- sort of  a soothsayer in
reading out the horoscope. Where in Advaita is it that, such
philosophies are perceptably supported or advocated... are there
any works by Shankara which refer to such methods.

      Are there any references to Palmistry,Tarots, Astrological
charts ,numerology, Pariharas for Doshas,etc. which are forecasted
using these methods.

      A well known psychological effect for a cause could be "Once
your futurue is predicted, as such you could tend to follow that
path truely in life".

      would like to know about any such literature available
pertaining to these, and the veracity of the facts provided if
verified/commented upon by any followers/saints of the modern .

Thanks in advance for showing me the light..for I need a defenite
answer...to this long lasting query....which affects mine/probably
everybody's day to day thought process, work and force.

As a follower I need to know the limits to such.

Sarve JanaH sukHino Bhavanthu.
Hemang Subramanian