AmnAya stotram.h

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Sun Oct 25 11:12:43 CST 1998

Along with the aShTottara shata nAmAvaliH of shrI shankara, I got
this text also from shrI Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian. I am
planning to type in one or two verses every week.  I REQUEST some
knowledgeable members to explain, comment and discuss the text on
the list.

VERSE 1

chaturdikShu prasiddhasu prasiddhyartham svanAmataH |
chaturotha maThAn.h kR^itva shiShyAnsamsthApayadvibhuH || 1 ||

This text has a wealth of information about the four AmnAya
maThA-s. It will be nice if scholars on the list are willing to
spend their time and discuss it.

With best regards
Ravi

Note 1: I will not compile the text and post it after I finish
the stotram.h

Note 2: there is good saMskR^itam dictionary on the WWW.

http://www.uni-koeln.de/phil-fak/indologie/tamil/mwd_search.html