Ego Returning... (was Re: Ramana's technique)

Srinivas Sista sista at ECN.PURDUE.EDU
Thu Oct 23 18:43:03 CDT 1997

> I remember reading recently in the Bhagavad Gita that
> desire and aversion were also objects (the "field") and
> not really part of the subject (the knower of the field).
> If the ego and desire/aversion are both objects then
> they have no more to do with me than this computer
> screen and I would already be free of them, is that right?
>

> regards,
>
> - Allan Curry

Precisely! It has always been the case. But suppose that I
sit always in front of the screen and insist that I am that
screen. That is the case of false identification (like the body,
mind ..etc). No matter what the object of identification is,
the moment identification takes place, the subject gets bound.
But its no big deal, as soon as the identification ceases all
that remains is the subject :-)

regards,
Srinivas Sista.