[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: apauruSheyatva of the Veda

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 2 07:59:53 EST 2024

Praveenji - PraNAms
Yes I remember that statement of Swamiji. I have even quoted that in some of my articles.
Hari Om!Sadananda

    On Saturday, March 2, 2024 at 04:03:25 PM GMT+5:30, Praveen R. Bhat <bhatpraveen at gmail.com> wrote:

 Namaste Sadaji,

On Sat, Mar 2, 2024 at 2:21 PM 'Kuntimaddi Sadananda' via advaitin <advaitin at googlegroups.com> wrote:

I was reading just the mail. Any knowledge takes place by intuition.

 Sw. Paramarthanandaji has a catchy phrase response to such ideas, in the context of Vedanta. The knowledge takes place not by intuition, but in tuition, learning from an Acharya trained in sampradAya! It is nicely put by Vicharasagara as: shrotrendrIyasambaddhamahAvAkyajnAnam.
What you describe seems close to sphoTavAda of vaiyAkaraNa.
Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */