[Advaita-l] BhAvarUpatva of vishesha-abhAva

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 08:07:37 EST 2024

Namaste Sudhanshu Ji,

// ४. ततश्च विषयभूतं घटं तदधीनांश्चेन्द्रियसन्निकर्षादीन् विना
यच्चक्षुरुन्मीलनालोकसम्पातमनः प्रणिधानादिकं घटोपलम्भकारणं तत्सर्वमि -
दानीमेव संजातमित्यवगमे सति तत्सहकृतः सन् घटानुपलम्भो घटाभावं बोधयति इत्येवं
सर्वत्र द्रष्टव्यम् ।

// 4. tatashcha viShayabhUtaM ghaTaM tadadhInAMshchendriyasannikarShAdIn
vinA yachchakShurunmIlanAlokasampAtamanaH praNidhAnAdikaM
ghaTopalambhakAraNaM tatsarvami - dAnImeva saMjAtamityavagame sati
tatsahakRRitaH san ghaTAnupalambho ghaTAbhAvaM bodhayati ityevaM sarvatra
draShTavyam | //

Translation  // 4. And therefore, when, except the jar which is the object
and the contact of the senses etc. dependent thereon, it is known that what
constitute the cause of the perception of the jar like the opening of the
eye, the flow of light, the attention of the mind etc., have all been
produced even now, the non-perception of the jar as assisted by this
knowledge makes known the non-existence of the jar. is it to be seen in all
cases // .

Notice the requirement of  ** what constitute the cause of the perception
of the jar like the opening of the eye, the flow of light, the attention of
the mind etc., have all been produced even now **. All these are
triguNAtmaka. Hence the conclusion.
Regards