[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] Understanding Srimad Bhagavad Gita from the perspectives of Visishtadvaita and Advaita - an exposition

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Thu Jan 25 00:00:34 EST 2024

praNAms
Hare Krishna

This is why a samanvaya view is needed. Reconciliation is the key.
It is hard to do. Several attempts have been made in this regard.

  *   Yes attempts have been made but I am afraid, in vain.  Even today dvaitaachaarya-s openly attacking Advaita & Advaita saMpradAyins and advaitins defending themselves and counter attacking. Some die hard advaitins ( though they hardly no anything about Advaita as siddhAnta) asks smArta-s to throw away Raghavendra swamy photos from the smaarta houses due to his attakcs in parimala tattva vAda granthi-s.  And dvaitins say you bring anything under the name of Advaita we know how to refute it and prove it wrong 😊   In dvaita mutts they will not allow to sing glories of shiva and other devata-s except hari dominated devara naama  and in Sringeri mutt (to my surprise recently I heard this) musicians are not supposed to sing hari daasa sAhitya or devara naama coz. in these devara naama-s, there is not only glorifying tattva vaada but there is a direct attack on Advaita. And during iyengar’s udakashanti paaraayana they will avoid reciting ‘shamchame and aashushshishaano mantra as these mantra-s are form the part of chamaka and rudra related mantra-s 😊  So, the poison of hatred and anyamata dvesha / khandana well spread within the traditional circle and very difficult to erase it.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar