[Advaita-l] An Appeal to All Mathadipatis and Hindu religious heads

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 02:40:31 EST 2024

PraNams to everybody. I realize this post may be irrelevant to the theme of Advaita. After seeing Shree Jayanarayanan's post, felt like writing this appeal - to see how other members can suggest any better means to solve this nagging problem.
Problem: We have many temples all over India, particularly more so in the South. Devotees put a lot of money into the Hundi as part of their offerings. The major problem is State Govts take all that money and spend for their use or give it to Churches and Mosques and none goes back to the temple. In the famous Tirupati Tirumala Devasthanam, where a lot of money gets collected in the Hundi, the state govt not only takes but also has appointed all Christians for managing the temple since the CM is Christian. Only Hindu temples are under State Govt but not other religious centers such as Mosques and Churches. State Govts do not take their money nor manage those. Question remains -How to stop this nonsense?
My suggestion is all the heads of the Hindu religion, particularly Mathadipaties should organize as unit and raise this issue first to appeal to the state govt. and also appeal to all Hindus to protest against this injustice to sanatana Dharma.
I am not sure how the member feel, recognizing that this is unrelated to Advaita, nevertheless in a way affect all of us.
As a Hindu what course of action is appropriate for the religious heads to protect our temples?
My apologies to the organizers of this list and to the member for posting this here. One can ignore this if it is considered inappropriate.

Hari Om!Sadananda