[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Fwd: A comparative analysis of drishTi-srishTi-vAda and srishTi-drishTi-vAda

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 11:09:48 EDT 2023

Namaste Chandramouli ji.

//4-25 to 27 are presentation in the kArika of the refutation of
SautrAntika and VaibhAshika Systems of Buddhism by the YogAchAra System of
Buddhism. This refutation of those Systems is accepted in the Advaita
SiddhAnta as stated in the preamble to 4-28. No separate refutation of
those Systems are presented here in the kArika.//

Perfect.

//But then the same line of argument as used by the YogAchAra System is
used now, in 4-28, to refute the YogAchAra System itself  by the
SiddhAntin.//

The bhAshya merely refutes the position of chitta-janma held by
vijnAnavAdI. For other concepts, such as non-existence of bAhya-artha and
bAhya-artha-AbhAsa-of-chitta, the position of vijnAnavAdI appears to be
upheld by Advaita.

//Thus what is cited as from 4-26, while having been  accepted as
refutation of the other Systems of Buddhism, is rejected  later in 4-28
from the standpoint of  Advaita Siddhanta.//

I cannot see any rejection of the quoted portion of 4.26. Chitta-janma is
rejected by advaitI, but not the bAhya-artha-AbhAsa-of-chitta. In fact,
that is admitted and used as a logic to prove absence of chitta-janma.

In any case, I will apply mind on this issue.

Request the view of other learned members, V Subramanian ji,
Venkataraghavan ji, Praveen Bhat ji, among others.

Regards