[Advaita-l] (no subject)

Vishesh Bhat visheshlives at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 10:13:27 EDT 2023

Namaskara,

I was going through the Mahabharata and came across the passage where Sage
Markandeya describes the nature of Kaliyuga to Yudhisthira. The passage
seems to indicate an absence of free-will. If Kali Yuga is indeed destined
to be as described (which also fills me with great dread), then doesnt this
indicate a complete absence of free will? What is the interpretation of
this?

Another question is about Kalki's appearance and in general about avAtaras.
If Brahman alone is real, then the notions of good and evil limited to
vyavahArika reality should not be of any concern. What is the need for this
intervention in the form of avatAras to uphold Dharma which Krishna
too talks about in the Gita?

Lastly, does this mean that the Vedas too will cease to be known in the
Kali Yuga? The whole passage is confusing. I dont know whether its the
translation or the interpretation.

Please help me with this.

Dhanyavada.