[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Extremely powerful reasoning for 'Aham Brahmasmi' in the Bh.Gita

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 04:34:11 EDT 2023

Namaste V Subramanian ji,

//That the jiva is mithya is agreed. But what is mithya there is the
anAtmA, kshetra, aspect. The Chit aspect is Brahman. To say that the
kshetrajna is jneya will be conflicting with the 13th chapter, that is my
concern. That chapter is there to discriminate the Kshetrajna, Pure
consciousness, exemplified by the Ravi analogy in the 33 rd verse. So, it
is kevala prakasha svarupa, of the first sentence of the Adhyasa bhashya.
The kshetram stands opposed to it and is the 'tamas' of the Adhyasa
bhashya. The last verse of the 13th chapter has this message: One has to
discriminate oneself from the kshetram (the body mind complex that one had
taken to be oneself) and identify oneself as kshetrajna and also know the
kshetram to be mithya, abhAvagamana, as the bhashya says. In this scheme
the kshetrajna can't be mithya since he is not jneya. Rather he is the
prakAsha(ka). This is my understanding.//

I am in full agreement with each word of yours if pratibimba-vAda is the
model.

In the scheme of AbhAsa-vAda only, I had raised my view.

Do you think that jIva, in its entirety, is not mithyA even in AbhAsa-vAda?

Regards.