[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Does the mukta/jnani see the world?

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Nov 15 21:57:26 EST 2023

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023, Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l wrote:

> Namaste Raghav ji.
>
> jIvanmukti is denied by MS in Advaita-siddhi.
>
> It has been held by MS that there has never been any jnAnI so far as the
> world is being perceived presently.
>
> Both these assertion are in Eka-jIva-vAda vicharah of Advaita-siddhi.
>
> jIvanmukti is admissible in nAnA jIva vAda only which is SDV.
>
> It is not correct to hold jIvanmukti in DSV and ajAtivAda.

This doesn't sound right to me.  In Bhagavadgita Gudharthadipika Swami MS
clearly endorses the idea of Jivanmukti.  I don't have time to give you
the exact reference but IIRC he describes it as the culmination of
Vedantic sadhana and quotes Yogavasishtha and Bhagavatapurana in support.

You may be reading too much into what he says in Advaitasiddhi.