[Advaita-l] Does the Jnani see the world?

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 22:04:06 EST 2023

PraNAms.

Here is my understanding.

Krishna says in Geeta

prakrutyaivacha karmaani kriyamaanaanisarvashaH|

All actions are done by the prakruti -true for Jnaani or ajnaani. However, Jnaani understands this and realizes thateven though Body, mind, and intellect (BMI) are acting, he is not the actor. Heunderstands - akartaaham abhoktaaham.

Also in the 4th Chapter - Krishna says- karmani akarama yaH pasyet - saH buddhiman. One who realizes, that I am not adoer while doing is going on at the BMI level, is a realized soul.

This understanding is not a discreteevent in the journey to realization.

I am reminded of SwamiParamarthanandaji - FIR reduction statement. As one begins to abide in theknowledge, F=frequency of perturbation, I= intensity of perturbation, andR=recovery time for perturbation decreases.

This process can take a long timedepending on the purity of the mind.

The same applies to kartrutva andbhoktrutva bhaavas.

Hari Om!

Sadananda