[Advaita-l] [advaitin] how can the mindless, eyeless, earless brahman can make creation!!??

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Mon May 29 18:51:59 EDT 2023

Dear Bhaskarji,

You wrote:

*When sruthi says Brahman is second less cause of world, does not world
include the Jiva and its kalpana? *

Shri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa said that with the advancement of science, a
time will soon come when one will understand Advaita in a day. Now  science
tells us that our Earth is ~2.5 billion years old, the Sun is ~4.5 years
old, and the universe itsef is ~13. 7 billion years old. The Sun is
transforming hydrogen to Helium and it radiates the energy and in course of
time, there will be a day when the Sun will exhaust all the hydrogen and
the Sun will die.

If we look back, at one time, the entire mass of the universe was not
there, I mean before the *Big Bang*, when the universe was created, the
mass of the material universe must have been created by transformation of
the energy of the Brahman, the original entity.  If we call this premordial
energy as the Shakti, and the consciousnee at the root is the Brahman.  In
the ultimate sense, the Brahman and the Shakti of Brahman are not separate,
When the creation occurs, the Shakti part of brahman is transformed and the
material world appears.

The *creation is a dynamic process from the Big Bang to the dissolution*
and that is why the ParamBrahma avatara, Lord Krishna said that everything
in this created world is impermanent. Upanishad is calling it Mithya, Even
though the world is impermanent, We crave for wealth, prosperity and
worldly fortune, forgetting that all these are temporary. We may think
ourselves to be human beings, but did we have the human body in our last
birth? We human beings were surely animals in our earlier births. Lord
Buddha could describe his earlier births as animals etc., at the end of his
6 years of tapasya.

*Material world is not necessairly kalpanik, but it is changing every
moment.* Of course, while living in this material world our attitude is
*kalpanik*,* in the sense, as if we mostly forget the fact, that (i) we
ourselves are changing within the lifetime and also from birth to birth,
and (ii) the material world, with which we are associated, also changes
every moment, and this continues till the time  we the jivas get liberated.*

My two cents

Sunil KB