[Advaita-l] [advaitin] demonstrating aparokshanubhuti - WAS - 'Mithya' in Upanishads

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 18 20:18:24 EDT 2023

 Dear Sri Vikram Jagannathan,
Sri Shankara uses the words "svasAkshikam ||", "svAnuBavagamyam||".Sruti says "svayaMjyOtiH".Sri Gaudapada says in Shloka 39 of chapter-2 of karikas thus:tattvaM adhyAtmikaM dRuShTvA tattvaM dRuShtVAtu bAhyataH |tattvIBUtadArAmastatvAdapracyutO BavEt ||
In Shloka 33 of Chapter Advaita PrakaraNa Sri Gaudapada reveals :akalpakamajam jnAnam jnEyABinnaM pracakshatE |brahma jnEyaM ajam nityaM ajEnAjaM vibudhyatE ||
One who quotes from texts to bring to the attention of the readersmust and should have realized within himself by himself what has beenrevealed in the above teachings. He should have the guts and intellectualhonesty to declare thus :     vEdAhamEtaM puruShaM mahAnta-          ntamAdityavarNam tamasaH parastAt |     tamEva viditvA atimRutyumEti           nAnyaH panthA vidyatE ayanAya||SvEtASvara ; 3-8.Sri J Krishnamurti in one of his writings he says:            Do not utter even a single word which you yourself
            has not understood.Atman, your true nature, is apramEyam as revealed in Bhagavadgita and
Bruhadaranyaka Upanishad.Kindly study mantras 2-1-3&2-1-4 of Kathopanishad and
Mantra 2-4 of Kena Upanishad along with the Sri Shankara's commentariesto these mantras.Then the words what you have used become very clear to you.I pray to the Indwelling Reality to bless you with that Vision.With this I close.
With respectful pranams,Sreenivasa Murthy.
or realized.

Mantra