[Advaita-l] SwarUpa of abhAva

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed May 10 08:23:57 EDT 2023

Namaste Sudhanshu Ji,

Since you have clarified  your query as follows

//  I wanted to know about the swarUpa of pot-abhAva which is stated to be
known through anupalabdhi-pramANa.

Whether such abhAva are locus-swarUpa or other than that.. //

This has been specifically dealt with in the following elaboration, in
hindi, by Sri Mani Dravid Shastri Ji during his coverage of Vedanta
Paribhasha

//
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai8oWDYjGkA&list=PLWjpkY4mU2RBiuLLk_PwYimZMHt_0XvF9&index=60
//

You may like to refer to the same.

He has  covered the topic in tamil also.  Just for info.

Regards

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 4:13 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar <sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hari Om Chandramouli ji,
>
> I wanted to know about the swarUpa of pot-abhAva which is stated to be
> known through anupalabdhi-pramANa.
>
> Whether such abhAva are locus-swarUpa or other than that..
>
> I will check the book mentioned by you.
>
> Regards.
>

> On Tue, 9 May, 2023, 2:45 pm H S Chandramouli, <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Namase Sudhanshu Ji.
>>
>> Reg  //  What is the position in Advaita regarding swarUpa of abhAva?  //
>>
>> And
>>
>>       // Here, what do we hold --
>>
>> Pot-abhAva is floor.
>>
>> Pot-abhAva is a distinct vastu than floor //
>>
>> Position of Advaita is that Pot is only an appearance. So is the Floor.
>> Only an appearance. Both are not real. The ONLY  Realty or **vastu** is the
>> Ultimate Reality, Atman/Brahman which is  सर्व प्रत्यय वेद्य (sarva
>> pratyaya vedya).
>>
>> You may like to refer to an interesting article on the topic of AbhAva by
>> Prof Hiriyanna available in the following text
>>
>> //
>> https://archive.org/details/IndianPhilosophicalStudies/page/n3/mode/2up
>> //
>> Regards

>> <#m_-7352109680733704926_m_-3744163524061184969_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>
>> On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 9:27 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l <
>>
>>> Hari Om,
>>>
>>> What is the position in Advaita regarding swarUpa of abhAva?
>>>
>>> Is it adhikaraNa-mAtra or some different vastu than adhikaraNa.
>>>
>>> There is atyanta-abhAva of pot on floor.
>>>
>>> Here, what do we hold --
>>>
>>> Pot-abhAva is floor.
>>>
>>> Pot-abhAva is a distinct vastu than floor.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>> Sudhanshu.