[Advaita-l] Number of Bhashyas written by Adi Shankara

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 23:58:39 EDT 2023

Namaste ji

> Adi Shankaracharya did not write the bhashya on
> the Bhagavad Gita, as Sri Gaudapadacharya told him not to write that. In
> fact, Gaudapadacharya asked Adi Shankaracharya to write a bhashya on the
> Lalita Trishati, instead of writing a bhashya on the Bhagavad Gita.

Since you have said this on many occasions, i presume you have a specific
reference from a text or digvijaya verse attesting to Sri Gaudapada
prohibiting Shankara from writing gItA bhAShya. It would be helpful if you
quoted it.  I myself lack the wherewithal to search all the possible
sanskrit texts and check if there is some such reference.

Om