[Advaita-l] THE ABSOLUTE

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 11:51:13 EDT 2023

Namasate,

Firstly, I am no scholar of vedAnta, only a student.
Let me explain my line of thinking, and there will be a lot of people
here who will disagree with me. That is fine. This is based on my
understanding and is an approach to vedAnta that appeals to me.

Sure, para tattva is without any miseries and sufferings of this
world of duality. However, I am convinced that this world of
duality is not only anAdi, but it is also ananta. (The world of
duality is as real to super evolved beings like viShNu and shiva,
as it is to you and me. Then what to talk of others). In that case
I would like to understand how the jnana/ vijnana related to para
tattva can help transform this world of duality (at least that part
of it that pertains to me) into a better world of duality.

Speaking in the language of the well known rope-snake analogy.
Agreed, there is no snake in reality but only a rope. Only in absence
of adequate light, the rope appears to be a snake. However, I know
that there will always be periods of inadequate light. And in these
periods, I would like the rope to appear as a garland of flowers or some
pleasing object and not a frightening snake. My quest is how to achieve
this result. Knowing that in reality there is no snake, but only a rope,
is just not enough.

With regards,
Shrinivas Gadkari