[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: [advaitin] Re: Fwd: Brahman has no default form; Only contextual form - Varaha Purana

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 06:13:37 EDT 2023

Namaste.

Sri Bhaskar Ji observed   <<  The shareera which has witnessed the natural
cycle of birth and death has to be prAkrutika only, arjuna is the witness
of 'dead' body of Krishna and did the untyeshti as well >>,

I have already cited verses from Srimad Bhagavatha (10-2-16 to 19)
regarding the **birth** of Sri Krishna. It is not **natural**.

Regarding **death** of Sri Krishna, the following verses from SB are
relevant. Translation from Gita Press Edition.

SB 11-30-verses 33 and 34.   << JarA, a hunter, who had forged (the headof)
his arrow out of the iron piece that had been left after pulverizing the
(steel) pestle (generated by the execration of BrAhmaNAs ), pierced (as it
were) His (aforesaid) foot, that resembled in shape the mouth of a deer,
suspecting Him to be an antelope. Discovering (his quarry to be an other
than) na four-armed personage, the hunter, who was freightened on account
of his having committed an offence (against the Lord), fell (prostrate) at
the feet of Sri Krishna (a sworn enemy of the demons) touching them with
his head >>.

There is no mention of the **death** of Sri Krishna in the later verses as
well.

SB 11-31-verse 6  << लोकाभिरामां स्वतनुं धरणाध्यानमङ्गलाम् ।
योगधारणयाऽऽग्नेय्याऽदग्ध्वा धामाविशत् स्वकम् ॥ ६ ॥ >>

<< lokAbhirAmAM svatanuM dharaNAdhyAnama~NgalAm |

yogadhAraNayA.a.agneyyA.adagdhvA dhAmAvishat svakam || 6 || >>

<<  Not consuming, through concentration of mind on the element of fire,
His own (divine) body, which sustains the (entire) universe and is the
all-blissful object of meditation and concentration, He (bodily) ascended
to His own (divine) realm >>.

SB 11-31-verse 20  << रामपत्न्यश्च तं देहमुपगुह्याग्निमाविशन् ।
वसुदेवपत्न्यस्तद्गात्रं प्रद्युम्नादीन् हरेः स्नुषाः ।
कृष्णपत्न्योऽविशन्नग्निं रुग्मिण्याद्यास्तदात्मिकाः ॥ २० ॥ >>

<<  rAmapatnyashcha taM dehamupaguhyAgnimAvishan |

vasudevapatnyastadgAtraM pradyumnAdIn hareH snuShAH |
kRRiShNapatnyo.avishannagniM rugmiNyAdyAstadAtmikAH || 20 || >>

<<  The wives of BalarAma  entered the fire, embracing he (dead) body of
BalarAma, the wives of Vasudeva followed suit, hugging the latterls body,
and the daughters-in-law of Sri Krishna did the same, clasping to their
bosom Prsdyumna and others (the sons of the Lord). Similarly RukmiNi and
others, the spouses of Sri Krishna, entered the fire with their mind fixed
on the latter >>.

Notice there is no mention of the body of Sri Krishna  while talking of
RukmiNi and others.

SB 11-31-verse 21  << अर्जुनः प्रेयसः सख्युः कृष्णस्य विरहातुरः । आत्मानं
सान्त्वयामास कृष्णगीतैः सदुक्तुभिः ॥ >>

<<  arjunaH preyasaH sakhyuH kRRiShNasya virahAturaH | AtmAnaM sAntvayAmAsa
kRRiShNagItaiH saduktubhiH || >>

<<  Distressed at his separation from Sri Krishna, his beloved friend,
Arjuna comforted himself with the utterances of Dri Krishna (contained in
the Bhavadgita), full of veracious statements >>.

There is then a mention  that Arjuna performed the antyakriyas for his
kinsmen.

There is no mention about Arjuna  being << the witness of 'dead' body of
Krishna and did the untyeshti as well >>  as mentioned by you above in your
post. Please give any references you may have in regard to this claim.
Regards

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 9:15 AM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <