[Advaita-l] Is there a difference between papa and dushkarma

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 03:29:05 EST 2023

Namaste.

Reg  <<  Please do give a citation of the same. I will be greatly
obliged. Now lets do  a thought experiment. Suppose  a man by mistake
commits brahma-hatya. He repents performs prayschit and is forgiven by
lord. But, government will not forgive him. His guilt will be proven in
court and he will be sent to jail. So even if he is forgiven by God for
sin. He will still have to suffer for his paap. How is this possible
then?Is this because paap is different from bad karma? >>,

Are all persons who have committed such crimes punished by the govt? So how
do you conclude persons  pardoned  by The Lord are not forgiven by the
govt? The punishment he has got now could well be on account of some past
karma done by him though it may appear to be due to what he has done
presently.

The results one enjoys at any point of time are the net effect of several
factors :: past deeds fructifying at that time, deeds (shastraic) performed
in this life time fructifying at that time, laukika efforts put in by the
person.  It is in general not possible to identify any particular deed
 resulting in a specific end result, even though that is what we generally
tend to do. In fact we invariably  conclude that the result is due to
causes which are directly noticeable. As per our shastra, that is not so.

Hopefully this answers all your doubts in this regard.
Regards

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 12:35 PM Kaushik Chevendra via Advaita-l <