[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Fwd: Brahman has no default form; Only contextual form - Varaha Purana

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 06:08:37 EST 2023

Namaste Raghav ji,
To be frank, I don't understand what is to be gained whether Ishvara's
sharIra is bhautika or otherwise.

That being said, of course, the four things you list below don't need a
mAyamaya sharIra, but that itself is not sufficient proof to refute the
position of mAyAmaya sharIra because the other side does not cite these
reasons for why the sharIra is mAyAmaya.

They say it is so to explain the extraordinary achievements of the Ishvara
avatAra - they are not seen to be achieved with a bhautika sharIra. If it
is said that Ishvara can do these miracles with a bhautika sharIra on
account of mAyA, one might as well say the sharIra itself is mAyika.

We are splitting hairs here though and whether the avatAra sharIra is
bhautika or mAyika should not matter to us in any way - that's my view.

Kind regards
Venkatraghavan

On Wed, 1 Mar 2023, 09:59 Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l, <