[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Fwd: Brahman has no default form; Only contextual form - Varaha Purana

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 02:31:36 EST 2023

To assume that avatAra has a magical body seems needless. In vichara
Sagara, it is mentioned that Ananda Giri in Mandukya tIka, asserts that
avatAra has bhautika sharIra. That indicates that atleast one acharya did
not find any problem with bhautikatvaM for avatAra sharIram.

 But the author Nischala Dasa feels a need for a mAyamaya sharIra i.e., the
upAdAna (material) is mAyA rather than panchabhUtas- the reason is
unconvincing.

Its like saying that

 X (jeeva and jnAnI sharIra) is made of panchabhutas (which are in turn
made anyway from mAyA).

Y is made directly from mAyA and Y can interact with panchabhUtas.

Again it's not clear why the mAyamaya sharIra had to be cremated by Arjuna
etc. It should have vanished in to thin air.