[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Mandukya bhashya. Ignorance seed in sushupti

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Jun 28 00:53:33 EDT 2023

praNAms
Hare Krishna

If there is such a thing as “sushupti,” a state which is contrasted to waking and dreaming, then we are already speaking from a perspective of duality.

  *   Yes, it is from the dualistic vyavahAra only same rule is applicable when we are  talking about contrasting nature between tureeya and prAjna 😊

Such a dualistic  perspective is itself a manifestation of avidya.

  *   Yes, all loukika and vaidika vyavahAra is within the realm of avidyA only clarifies bhAshyakAra.

If there is no avidya (and in truth there is no avidya) then neither can there really be said to be any such state called “sushupti” (or for that matter any such thing as a “dualistic perspective”).

Ø     Yes, hence it has been said avastha-s (avasthA traya) are adhyArOpita on Atman to prove that he is avasthAteeta (kArika itself clarifies this).  However, avasthAtraya vishleshaNa is a prakriya like srushti prakriya, kArya-kAraNa prakriya, sAmAnya-vishesha prakriya, paNcha kOsha prakriya etc. to ultimately prove that Atman / brahman is nirvishesha.  Till the realization of this truth all these gymnastics required with the aid of shruti, yukti and anubhava 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!
bhaskar