[Advaita-l] Subject: Lalitha Sahsranama - Saundaryalahari

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 00:48:30 EDT 2023

Dear Bhaskarji,

You wrote:
*Yes, some of the prakaraNas' authorship still in question in scholarly
circle.*
This is not a compliment to the scholars, who are confused on such issues.
History is part and parcel of Vedic learning and that is why Itihasa is an
essential anga of the fifth veda. One must learn the relevant itihasa on
top priority.

It is possible that we have many scholars who are not sure as to how many
bhshyas were written by Adi Shankara. Hope they will work hard to remove
their confusions. The "Prasthanatraya" term is being used (and sometimes
being misused)  only in the last five centuries or so.

Jai Shri Krishna
Sunil KB