[Advaita-l] Sandhyavandanam workshop

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 02:29:57 EDT 2023

| Sri Gurubhyo Namaha |

SMARTHA SANDHYAVANDANAM WORKSHOP FOR RIG AND YAJUR VEDIS - KANNADA, TAMIL
AND TELUGU PADDHATIS

With the blessings of Ubhaya Jagadgurus, Sringeri Gurubandhava is
organizing Guided Sessions for Sandhyavandanam from Saturday, July 15th
2023 to Monday, August 28th, 2023.

Kindly register today at the link below to secure your spot amongst other
learners. The number of registrants is limited to those who seriously want
to learn and continue Nityakarma!

Eligibility: Open to all for whom Upanayanam & Brahmopadesam have been
performed. No age limit to enrol and learn!

Power to Resume Nityakarmas NOW

Why Now?

The Vedas are the primary source and foundational basis of our sanAtana
dharma.  वेदोऽखिलो धर्ममूलं declares the manusmRti - the entirety of the
Vedic corpus is the basis of dharma.

Therefore, the study of the vedAs in the prescribed manner from a guru, and
passing them on to the next generation, is the obligation of every dvija,
twice-born, to preserve the wisdom of the vedAs for all time.

In ancient times, students would perform the vedAdhyayana (ritualistic
study of the vedAs) after Brahmopadesam or Upanayana Samskaras, in the four
and half months of the year commencing on the full moon of the shravaNa
month. This commencement of the annual study of the vedAs on the prescribed
day is termed as upAkarma.

Unfortunately, Vedic learning has further been compromised to a significant
extent, with only a handful of brAhmaNas still engaged in this activity
critical to the preservation of the vedA-s, the foundational root of our
sanAtana dharma.

How can I Make Sandhyavandanam a Routine?

Due to stressful workaday life or tumultuous school life, the performance
of nityakarma of sandhyAvandanam - which is the most basic ritual in a
dvija's life - has declined alarmingly. The general thinking seems to be:
‘I am not alone in not doing my Nityakarma’.

This is something that is very much within our power to change.

SandhyAvandanam is a very simple ritual that hardly takes 10-15 minutes for
the practitioner and is something that all of us can certainly do, even in
the midst of our busy lives, if we put our minds to it. The benefits of the
regular performance of sandhyAvandanam are truly great and something that
is within the reach of each of our experience.

One challenge that is commonly encountered is that, not having performed
sandhyAvandanam for years, many amongst us may have forgotten the procedure
and mantras - perhaps some of us are too embarrassed to ask anyone to teach
them.

Further, youngsters and others may not be aware of the significance or
efficacy of the mantras and the meaning.

We are launching this initiative on Monday, July 3rd, 2023 Guru Purnima Day
with a Talk on the meaning of Sandhyavandanam Mantras by Sri Lalith
Gannavaram.

Register to stay Motivated and learn it the proper way.

WORKSHOP DETAILS:

Starting from 15th July, 2023 (Saturday), we will be providing videos for
sandhyAvandanam (sunrise - prAtah sandhyA, midday - mAdhyAhnikam and dusk -
sAyam sandhyA), which members can follow and perform. This will be
continued for a period of 45 days to get ready for this year's Upakarma on
Aug 29th.

The sessions will be structured such that everyone with minimal knowledge
of sankalpa / Achamanam etc., can follow and perform, from the comfort of
their homes.

Please register for this session by completing the form in this link:

https://forms.gle/idXb9VddLVuZuiRf7

We hope that many members will benefit by participating in these sessions
enthusiastically and gain the blessings of Veda mAtA.

Thanks and Pranams
Team Sringeri Gurubandhava