[Advaita-l] Book info request

Kartik Vashishta kartik.unix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 16:26:10 EDT 2023

OM
OM NAMAH SIVANANDAYA

Revered Blessed Self,

Sadar Pranam,

Please provide the details of this book/booklet/discourse/etc. referred to
by Sri Sri Swami Krishnananda Ji Maharaj.

https://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_142.html

"Those who recite these Satarudriya mantras in temples many a time chant
them as a kind of routine, without bestowing sufficient thought on their
implications. Most of our chanting becomes mechanical in the course of
time, and we go on chanting mantras, repeating prayers and singing hymns
automatically like the movement of the wheels of a vehicle, but the spirit
behind the recitation can easily be lost when it becomes an everyday
programme rather than a surge of the spirit or the call of the soul during
moments of meditation and communion with the Almighty. A very beautiful
English translation almost approaching the original in its meaning and
suggestiveness has been published by the *Sri Ramana Ashram*; and there are
very good Sanskrit commentaries, right from the one written by the great
Sanyacharya, which gives us an insight into the extent to which some of the
minds in ancient times could reach in their search for the reality of life."

Pranam,

OM
Kartik Vashishta
OM