[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Gaudapada and Shankara hold the waking objects to be mithya

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 07:42:06 EDT 2023

Namaste Venkat Ji,

Is the redness in the crystal considered to be mithya? There is no
origination (उत्पत्ति)  of redness. There is a transference of the redness
from the flower to the crystal, assuming that both the crystal and the
flower are within the range of perception. The bhrama is with reference to
the relationship between the crystal and redness. There is no arthAdhyAsa.
There is only jnAnAdhyAsa. My understanding was that the term mithya is
applicable ONLY when there is BOTH arthAdhyAsa and jnAnAdhyAsa. Subject to
correction. Hence I am raising the question.

Regards

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 8:49 AM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <